EAOP in News

Rio Mesa High School Welcomes New College Site Coordinator

by Mikayla Molinaro | Oct 10, 2017
     Karen Correa recently joined the EAOP team in July 2017 as the College Site Coordinator for RMHS. After recieving her Bachelor of Arts in Sociology from Mills College, she went on to work for Goodwill and has now joined our EAOP eager and ready to make a difference in the lives of students. "I am passionate about the Early Academic Outreach Program because it provides students the tools needed to transform their lives through a college education. As a first-generation college student myself, I can say that programs like EAOP are the reason I was able to attend college" said Karen. She has already hit the ground running with leading a successful College Readiness Academy this summer for incoming seniors, as well as helping students through the college and financial aid application process this fall. She is looking forward to what's to come this year as the College Site Coordinator at Rio Mesa!‚Äč