EAOP in News

New Site Coordinators at SMHS and CHS

by Mikayla Molinaro | Sep 25, 2017

There will be two new Site Coordinators starting their first full year at their respective sites. 
Rosa Mendoza transferred from CHS last spring and is now undergoing her first full academic year at her alma mater SMHS. She is very excited to be giving back to the community that helped her as a high school student.  She graduated from SMHS in 2009 and has made her way back after graduating from UCSB in 2013. 
“As a first-generation college student I am more than excited to come back and serve as a CSC at the high school which helped me get to where I am today. I have always loved giving back to the community but it is ten times more special when you can give back to the community that gave you so much. This academic year will prove to be a tough and exciting transition but I know that great changes are coming to my alma mater”

Carpinteria High School transitioned into their new College Site Coordinator April of last school year. This will be Katalina Navarro’s first academic school year with the high school; she is excited to be working back in Carpinteria. Her previous experience as Health Education and Community Engagement Coordinator- as well as a Program Coordinator for various non-profits throughout the central coast-has afforded her the opportunity to work with Carpinteria’s youth in the past.  Being a first generation graduate, she understands the struggles one might face when it comes to college and the importance of having guidance; she is prepared to take on this new adventure. She is looking forward to working with the students to achieve their maximum potential.  ​​